There are endless ingredients that vegan moisturizers (and regular moisturizers) claim are best, and as a consumer it is near to impossible to understand what all the different ingredient names mean. We at No Society Skincare thought we could help you out and we have listed 9 must have ingredients your next vegan cruelty free moisturizer must have:
Sodium HyaluronateIt sounds like a Cowboy/techno remix but it’s one of nature’s most humectant molecules. Carries up to x6000 its weight in water and delivers it right to your skin.
- Youth preserving
- Counteracting free radicals (basically skin terrorists)
- A linear polysaccharide consisting of D-Glucuronic acid and N-Acetyl-D-glucosamine (No one forced you to press Read More)
PropanediolPicture your skin like a calming dewy summer morning: Natural and something you can stare at for hours.
- Enhanced moisturization
- Preservative booster
- Viscosity enhancer (creates that gooey and rich texture)
- No irritation
NiacinamideThis ingredient is a Vitamin B3 with tons of great qualities. You could call it the swiss-army knife of skin care (toothpick and wood saw not included).
- Increases elasticity
- Evens out skin tones
- Strengthen barrier function (like building a wall, but in a good way)
- Reduces fine lines that makes some look like a cute bulldog
BetaineFinland doesn’t just have great vodka, they also have super sugar beets. These help to increase cell reproduction and decrease signs of aging and skin impurities.
- A natural moisturizer
- Reduces dehydration
- Protects against environmental stress
InositolA green and biological superhero, born in the wild and here to protect the innocent. It’s superpower: keeping your water balances in check.
- 100% bio-based
- Extracted from sugar beets (yes, from Finland)
- Youth preserving (even more than betaine)
Shea Butter Ethyl EstersOr SHE for short, but don’t worry! It works on guys, non-binary and whoever. It’s obtained from a rich natural fat but still leaves a non-greasy finish.
- Makes your skin silky like cashmere skin
- Our Shea Butter was awarded most sustainable ingredient of the year at the The Sustainable Beauty Awards
- Low melting point = Less energy in production – more sustainable than others
Biosaccharide GUM-1A personal favorite, almost as good as sneezing when you’ve been trying to sneeze for a long time. You know what I´m talking about. But this is no quick fix, this one lasts.
- Moisturizes over time
- Soothes the skin
- Has shown it can activate Sirtuin-1 (the longevity protein/enzyme)
Saccharide IsomerateThis is a looooooooong lasting ingredient, up to 72 hours. Almost as long as all episodes of Friends combined or the hangover you get from four beers if your over thirty.
- Reduces flakiness and itchiness
- Skin mimicking (A carbohydrate complex like our natural one)
- Increases softness and smoothness
- Long-lasting (or did we say that already?)
GlycerinBesides blowing things up it’s actually one of the most common and important ingredients in skin care. It’s extremely humectant without getting sticky.
- Naturally based
- Dissolves in water
Remember to also choose a cruelty free brand when going vegan! All our products are vegan, cruelty free and sustainably made and fully recycable, while you are here also check out our face moisturizer!